Hello. Are you an Android Engineer looking to take things to the next level? Are you ready to work on the worlds leading dating app for the LGBTQ+ community, now with a strong presence in Chicago?! Come join my team, Expression
, and help us help our users express themselves in 2023 and beyond! https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3509658309/?refId=Wz9%2FdvzLWNitP3L0l4vpSg%3D%3D&trackingId=Wz9%2FdvzLWNitP3L0l4vpSg%3D%3D
What’s so interesting about this role?
Come play a key role in building the next generation of the Grindr app! Working on our Expression
team, you’ll have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, work with the latest technologies, collaborate with a kind and capable team, and contribute to a one-of-a-kind app. The Grindr team continues to innovate as the largest social media app for the LGBTQ community.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with the Android team, Product Managers, and our QA team to build and maintain a fast, reliable, app. We deeply value ownership, empowerment, proactivity, data-driven decisions, and user focus. You’ll be an important voice in our product & software architecture decisions.
What’s the job?
• Working collaboratively with a brilliant cross-functional, cross-timezone team to make Grindr the best app it can be for its users.
• Able to work across multiple work streams and use ambiguity as an opportunity for high-level thinking.
• Create innovation by guiding data-driven decisions to adopt new technologies, architectures, and workflow.
• Elevate your team's technical proficiency; help your team adopt new tools and ways of working.
• Using the latest Android technologies you will be evolving and maintaining the software architecture for current and future needs in order to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products while supporting the product roadmap.
What We'll Love About You
• You love taking ownership. You think beyond your team and know how to implement change across your organization.
• You have at least 6 years of experience building complex Android applications with deep expertise in Kotlin and Coroutines.
• You have a well-built technical experience that inspires individual contributors' creativity and innovation.
• You have experience with product leadership and technical decision-making and know how to leverage that for good judgments and tradeoffs between product and code.
• You have been working closely with various levels of business stakeholders, from the c-suite, VP level, and down.
• You can jump into the code on a deep level but can also contribute to long-term initiatives by mentoring your team.
• Strong practical knowledge of software engineering best practices and design patterns such as MVVM, Coordinator, one-way data flow, modular architecture, performance optimization & metrics.
• Experience with Architecture at scale and have worked with different tech stacks outside of mobile.
We'll really swoon if you have
• You have experience working with Coroutine Flows, dependency injection frameworks.
• Have systematic ways to refactor legacy code and can provide effective proposals to relevant stakeholders.
Base salary is an important part of the overall compensation package, but there is so much to love about Grindr
• Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
• Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
• Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
• Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
• Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and equity
• Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
• Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Grindr is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base pay for this role is between min $160,000 and max $220,000 This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits.