Hello all, I have switched from the JS to the mul...
# javascript
Hello all, I have switched from the JS to the multiplatform plugin for my JS projects with the change to Kotlin 1.9 as recommended. I have now set the dependecies within the Kotlin config block in the build.gradle.kts to:
Copy code
kotlin {
  js(ir) { ... }

  sourceSets { 
    val jsMain by getting { 
Building via Gradle also still works. But in IJ only the classes from external dependencies are recognised and all dependencies from the own projects are underlined in red as missing. I have this in the current beta in the preview and also in the stable IJ version. How do I get IJ to recognise the own subprojects again? They are also missing in the project settings under Dependencies in IJ.
just to double check the basics, have you tried all of these options? • running
./gradlew clean
• making sure that
./gradlew clean
• deleting the
directory inside the project • restarting IntelliJ • running Repair IDE • restarting your machine
Unfortunately, I have tried all of them. I also deleted the .gradle directory and reinstalled IJ (and removed the %APPDATA% as well). With a new installation, the loading and indexing of the project (with 27 sub-projects) then takes about 30 minutes. The problem also occurs with another colleague.
hmm bummer. If it’s happening on two machines it sounds like there might be something with your project that is tripping up IntelliJ and/or Kotlin. Have you checked the idea.log and Kotlin compiler logs for any obvious problems?
The scan entries actually look reasonable in the log:
Copy code
2023-07-18 12:09:40,842 [8600373]   INFO - #o.j.s.e.g.GradleProjectDependenciesModel - Collecting dependencies for :buildSrc:main
2023-07-18 12:09:40,842 [8600373]   INFO - #o.j.s.e.g.GradleProjectDependenciesModel - Collecting dependencies for :buildSrc:test
2023-07-18 12:09:40,842 [8600373]   INFO - #o.j.s.e.g.GradleProjectDependenciesModel - Finish collecting all modules, count of found modules: 34
2023-07-18 12:09:47,475 [8607006]   WARN - #c.i.o.o.e.ConfigurableExtensionPointUtil - ignore configurable with duplicated id: device.file.explorer
2023-07-18 12:09:47,476 [8607007]   WARN - #c.i.o.o.e.ConfigurableExtensionPointUtil - ignore deprecated groupId: language for id: preferences.language.Kotlin.scripting
2023-07-18 12:09:47,586 [8607117]   INFO - STDOUT - 
2023-07-18 12:09:53,383 [8612914]   WARN - #c.i.o.o.e.ConfigurableCardPanel - auto-dispose 'Kotlin' id=preferences.language.Kotlin
2023-07-18 12:09:54,552 [8614083]   INFO - STDOUT - 
2023-07-18 12:09:56,076 [8615607]   INFO - #c.i.w.i.i.j.s.JpsGlobalModelSynchronizerImpl - Saving global entities to files
2023-07-18 12:09:56,173 [8615704]   INFO - #c.i.u.s.SvgCacheManager - SVG icon cache is closed
2023-07-18 12:09:56,193 [8615724]   INFO - #c.i.i.s.e.u.EventLogExternalUploader - Started external process for uploading event log
2023-07-18 12:09:56,298 [8615829]   INFO - #c.i.c.ComponentStoreImpl - Saving Project(name=xy, containerState=COMPONENT_CREATED, componentStore=C:\projektdateien\xy)ProjectView took 59 ms
But errors keep being thrown that look like they relate to IJ's status window:
Copy code
2023-07-18 12:09:40,767 [8600298]   INFO - #o.j.s.e.g.GradleProjectDependenciesModel - Collecting dependencies for :dtoVorabanfrage:test
2023-07-18 12:09:40,767 [8600298]   INFO - #o.j.s.e.g.GradleProjectDependenciesModel - Collecting dependencies for :fachgutachter:main
2023-07-18 12:09:40,767 [8600298]   INFO - #c.i.o.p.u.AbstractProgressIndicatorBase - This progress indicator (Resolving known external annotations 1090234331: running=true; canceled=false; task=org.jetbrains.plugins.gradle.service.project.data.ExternalAnnotationsDataServiceKt$resolveProvidedAnnotations$$inlined$runBackgroundableTask$default$1@4362f821) is indeterminate, this may lead to visual inconsistency. Please call setIndeterminate(false) before you start progress. class com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.BackgroundableProcessIndicator
	at com.intellij.openapi.progress.util.AbstractProgressIndicatorBase.setFraction(AbstractProgressIndicatorBase.java:197)
	at com.intellij.openapi.progress.util.AbstractProgressIndicatorExBase.setFraction(AbstractProgressIndicatorExBase.java:110)
	at com.intellij.openapi.progress.util.ProgressWindow.setFraction(ProgressWindow.java:319)
Where can I find the compiler logs? (Note: the project can be built with Gradle).
I’ve not done it myself, but try build reports: https://blog.jetbrains.com/kotlin/2022/06/introducing-kotlin-build-reports/
The report do not help 😞
Copy code
Gradle start parameters:
  tasks = []
  excluded tasks = []
  current dir = C:\projektdateien\\portal
  project properties args = [android.injected.build.model.only.advanced: true, android.injected.build.model.disable.src.download: true, org.gradle.kotlin.dsl.provider.cid: 17902310850600, android.injected.invoked.from.ide: true, android.injected.build.model.only.versioned: 3, kotlin.mpp.enableIntransitiveMetadataConfiguration: true, idea.gradle.do.not.build.tasks: false, android.injected.build.model.only: true]
   system properties args = [idea.active: true, java.awt.headless: true, idea.resolveSourceSetDependencies: true, idea.sync.active: true, idea.version: 2023.2]

No Kotlin task was run