Hey everyone, we’re looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our five-person Android team at Doist to work on Todoist and Twist. We’re a fully remote company, working on simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
- 4+ years of Android development experience.
- A deep understanding of the Android framework, Kotlin and Java programming languages.
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures and software engineering practices.
- Demonstrated passion for creating high-quality consumer apps.
Our hiring process consists of three interviews (through video conferencing, of course) and a test project (8 hours, compensated).
More info: https://doist.com/jobs/#senior-android-developer
If you’ve got any questions, please just ping me (here, DMs, firstname.lastname@example.org).
09/06/2019, 7:34 PM
First of all your offer looks great!
1. What is your current Kotlin adoption?
2. What are your 3rd party libraries of choice?
3. I saw on LinkedIn that most of the Android devs are based close to EU timezones, is that preferable?
4. Is there a chance to touch other development areas like backend or iOS while being Android dev?
5. Can you disclose salary range for this role?
09/08/2019, 9:38 AM
Thank you for the questions!
1. It’s 30% at the moment. Everything new is written in Kotlin (and e.g. our whole Wear app is), but there’s a lot of code waiting to be migrated.
2. Google’s (Jetpack, Play Services, Firebase, Fabric), Jackson, OkHttp, Picasso, Commonmark, LeakCanary...
3. It doesn’t make a difference. The team is indeed usually between GMT+1 and GMT+3, but we have very different sleeping habbits. 😄 There are no requirements to be online during certain hours or so.
4. That’s an interesting question! Sometimes a cross team pull request pops up and it’s welcome, although it’s more of an exception. We’re also very interested in cross-platform code sharing (since we have clients for multiple native platforms) and we’re excited about Kotlin Multiplatform, but it’s still in the “discussion and evaluation” phase.
5. I don’t know, to be honest.
09/09/2019, 7:25 AM
would this be permanent or contract positions?
09/09/2019, 7:32 AM
It’s a permanent position. Sorry, should’ve specified that!
09/17/2019, 5:12 PM
Hi, Rastislav! Unfortunately I saw your posting just now, is the position still open? Thanks!