Should we expect the binary compatibility to be maintained starting from beta01?
02/24/2021, 7:45 PM
We're trying our best to maintain binary compatibility starting in beta01, yes
02/24/2021, 8:55 PM
I hope the compose team still has the ability to break api if it makes sense to do so. That was my favorite part about alpha!
02/24/2021, 9:12 PM
"trying our best" means we're holding API breaks to a fairly high bar, so I'd expect the occasional break but it should largely remain stable now that we've crossed the beta line. That's why there was so much churn in the last two releases, as everyone tried to squeeze in their last minute changes before API freeze.