I've recently gone though the full compose codelabs and I got a few questions that got me stuck in development:
• How can I focus next TextField? Changing IME action wasn't enough, I'm not sure how to use the (experimental) focus API
• Is there a way to use error property in TextField? Do I have to create one manually? I was using OutlinedTextField
• Is there a list of all available components somewhere? Looking through sources of sample apps seems less than ideal when looking for something
08/31/2020, 9:52 AM
1. See Jetchat we use the focus APIs. See focusRequester and focusObserver
3. We were thinking about creating a widget catalog but it slipped as it would be hard to maintain in alpha with all these changes happening
08/31/2020, 9:59 AM
We don't need a catalog with live examples, I think a list of UI components (functions) would be great for the beginning.
E.g. I wanted to create a divider, struggled 10 mins on it and then realized there is already one.
It is hard to get know what's possible when it is in different packages.
08/31/2020, 10:00 AM
yeah fair point
08/31/2020, 10:02 AM
Absolutely agree with Jan on this, for now a simple list would do, as long as I don't have to open up a repository or something to view all files in a package