• Played with a new remote server that JB temporary gave to us (many thanks), it's fast. However, Gateway is difficult to use in our workflow. The current best way for me is to code and debug locally, but when need to run box tests fast, checkout the changes on the server and run them there.
• Read a bit about GH self-hosted runner, looked not simple, postponed.
• Inspected sources regarding usage of stdlib in compilation. Still don't find the exact place where jar is taken and translated to IR, but more is clear now. Also, made some minor changes on the way, but they aren't worth a new PR yet -- will shape them later.
• Dive one more time into GH self-hosted runner topic, probably set it up.
• Continue research around the stdlib.
02/25/2022, 7:13 PM
About the GH runner: what's your goal? Running box tests on the JetBrains machine? :D
02/25/2022, 7:14 PM
Yep, I really want a lightning fast CI!
02/25/2022, 7:15 PM
I wonder how quickly the whole repo builds there from scratch
02/25/2022, 7:17 PM
IIRC, the cloning with the whole history was really fast (incomparable to my laptop where it was really slow) and the first dist build was around 4 minutes. So with testing I hope it can be less than 15 minutes