Thread
#multiplatform
    Lital Amos

    Lital Amos

    11 months ago
    Hi We’re new to KMM and are just working on our first KMM modules. All was working well for us but after pulling the newest version of our iOS app, gradle build is now failing with this error:
    Executing of 'pod install' failed with code 1.
    Error message:
    
    Please, check that file "/Users/workstation/Documents/Workspace/iOS.App/Podfile" contains following lines in header:
    source '<https://cdn.cocoapods.org>'
    
    Please, check that each target depended on connectivity contains following dependencies:
    I tried changing our Podfile that currently has
    source '<https://github.com/CocoaPods/Specs.git>'
    this to use the CDN url, ran pod repo update and pod install but this does seem to help. Any insights on how to resolve this?
    Matti MK

    Matti MK

    11 months ago
    When I run into these issues I try to run pod install command just via CMD, helps narrow down the possible causes
    Lital Amos

    Lital Amos

    11 months ago
    Running pod install in our iOS project has no errors. It’s the gradle sync task :connectivity:podInstall that is failing.
    By the way, I think I found the issue, it’s something to do with the locale of the process running the build. Cocoapods now enforces UTF-8. This is why running it through the command line succeeds without an issue - the locale there is different.
    Matti MK

    Matti MK

    11 months ago
    That's good 👍, I've jumped over do many hurdles by now that completely forgot those possible issues, but encoding issues sound familiar. Good luck with it
    Lital Amos

    Lital Amos

    11 months ago
    Thanks.