For some reasons I want to use JetBrains IDE with minimal mouse usage. What is the best way?
1. Learn to use Vim plugin.
2. Learn to use Emacs plugin.
3. Learn to use IDE built-in keyboard shortcut.
4. Other, please state in the comment.
IMHO... If you want to get rid of the mouse, your best bet is the Vim modal editing. Reasons:
• If you know typewriting, you don't have to move your hands from the home row for all your common actions
• You can take advantage of motions and actions in a lot of programs that allow Vim modal editing (like browsers, shells or other editors)
• In IntelliJ the Vim plugin allows you to use the bindings in many places (for example in the Project View)
• Vim is completely configurable and can call IJ actions. You can check my settings to give you an example
If you decide to go this way, this plugins' documentation will be handy to you:
On the cons side:
• The learning curve is steep
• Some commands could be more intuitive
Good luck and have fun!